IHME’s carbon footprint has been calculated using the calculator created by Hiilifiksu järjestö (carbon-smart organization) project. The calculator is divided into sub-areas: energy, transport, purchases, waste and services. It uses the latest data on the climate impacts of flying and food.
The yearly carbon emissions of IHME
- In 2020, the total carbon footprint of IHME was 4200 kg CO2e
- Basic operations (office and administration) – 4000 kg CO2e
- Listening Through the Dead Zones kick-off event – 200 kg CO2e
- In 2021, the total carbon footprint of IHME was 12000 kg CO2e
- Basic operations (office and administration) – 3000 kg CO2e
- Listening Through the Dead Zones – 5000 kg CO2e
- To Burn, Forest, Fire – 4000 kg
The biggest sources of emissions
- In 2020
- Office heating and electricity (45 %) and travel (30 %)
- In 2021
- Office heating (55 %), services (20 %), procurement (20 %)
- Listening Through the Dead Zones – travel (70 %) and transportation (25 %)
- To Burn, Forest, Fire – travel and accommodation (95%)
The emissions of IHME have been offset via Ilmastoapu and Hiilipörssi.
More information: Ecologically sustainable principles of IHME, IHME Ecoblog and links to ecological information.